Tuesday, April 26, 2022

I'll Sing You a Lullaby

Today is ending,

My heart, full and heavy.

Yet the glowing moon

Shines strong throughout the night-


Reflecting back on

the events of my day,

I close my eyes

And sense your joy and light.


Shmuli, 

I know that you are watching over me,

By my side and smiling bright

From everything you see-


For, no matter where I am,

How uncomfortable I feel,

I hold your love, 

Your strength, your joy-

You smile and I heal.


Our love will never fade away,

Soul strings tied to each other.

You're beating in my heart

To remind me that we're together,


To own my truth,

Show up today,

Through delight and sorrow.

Good night, 

I sleep knowing

We'll sing again,

 Tomorrow.

---

Written 2022

7 comments:

  1. What a tragic yet exquisite dirge.
    I have no words. The words and lyrics are so haunting. They send sadness and grief in its content. Wow! Please send more! All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💔💔 I hear your heart in it.
    So powerful.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like this poem really sheds lots of messages of light and positivity which transcends the beginning stages of standard grieving...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. So deep and powerful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very heartfelt and moving!

    ReplyDelete