Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Let's Be Friends

Another week passed by
And I am much the same
Except for a twinge in my heart
That I cannot explain.

The calmness and security
In feeling understood,
The long moments of silence
Don't threaten me how they would-

Seeing how relieved I am
Once my heart's been exposed,
It's clear that all my fear
Is from years of being closed.

Your eyes tell me that you are sincere
When you ask if I'm okay,
Your patience tells me it matters
What I have to say.

Your tears tell me you feel
What I feel in my heart-
I see now- I'm not such a stranger;
Sometimes we all feel torn apart.

I think I found a real friend,
I dare admit it's true.
No one deserves to stay closed in forever
I'm so grateful to have you.
---
written 2015

2 comments:

  1. That's really major. I'm really proud of you and so happy for you. And very nicely said, eloquent and simple all at once

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poem! There's nothing like a good friend. It's scary to be vulnerable by opening up, but so rewarding when it's done.

    ReplyDelete