Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hello Stranger

I've been given a not so subtle reminder
It's really okay!
That seems like such a foreign concept
I'm so harsh; so mean to myself
But then my friends remind me
I'm really okay!
I am caring to others
Because I have a loving heart
But to myself I'm very mean
So perhaps I can pretend to be a stranger
Since I don't really know myself so well anyway.
I don't take the time to listen 
To the scared little voice inside
Hiding from my fierce and impatient mind.
If I squint and barely look, I can pretend.
I'll listen and be more forgiving, 
I'll excuse myself, encourage that scared place
Inside of me,
That really is a stranger to me.
I just can't wait to get acquainted
And make a new friend.
But for now
It's really okay.
---
written 2013

4 comments:

  1. Truly masterful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that's really, really nice. I'd like to see this published! you're so gifted, and sensitive, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're really amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really relate!!

    ReplyDelete