Friday, April 29, 2022

A Desperate Prayer

Exhausted, in pain, all alone.

Confused how to begin

To seek out some calm, some sanity.

I question myself within.


Convinced there's more,

I feel it surrounding,

Stepping beyond, I touch, wondering-

My soul yearns for more, senses on fire,

I'm thirsting to know,

Consumed by desire.


I wait and feel and reach out again

Crying, I beg for mercy.

To understand with clarity,

Struggling to finally live free.

How can I get up? Where do I go?

I need answers, I need to know!

Help me! Help me! Help me to see!

I desperately pray,

I humbly plea.



I know You're there, waiting for me,

Creator of all beings!

Comfort my soul, show me the way.

I cannot bear the pain!

But where, oh where can I find You?

When I cannot see, blinded, confused,

Beyond me, direction, meaning and truth?

I need inspiration-

It's only from You.


Show me the way,

To inner peace.

I let go of control,      r e l e a s e - 

I admit I'm absorbed, humanly 

But I'm here to ask, so please!

My spirit inside

Strives for survival,

Urging me forward

To pray for Your guidance.

Gift me vision,

I seek out Your face.

A blind, broken creation 

In need of Your grace.

---

Written 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment