Wednesday, May 13, 2015

HIJACK

I've turned everyone into enemies
And now I’m so alone,
I’m shooting down all my friends
Behind the fortress of my home.

I can’t look them in the eye
And try to understand
Because I’m busy defending, offending,
There’s no one left who can.

I’m dangerous with my weapons
Of cold words and harsh replies
And when I stop, I’m aghast
While I fumble to rectify

All of my mistakes;
Creating such pain
I’m so miserable and desperate
I want to hijack the next plane

Then I can demand they all listen
Be forced to see I’m just hurt and confused
And instead of trying to explain,
I lashed out and caused them their wounds.

Then I’d look them in the eyes
And they’d be forced to see
That I am no monster
-Just a very scared, little, me.
---

Written 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment