Friday, April 12, 2013

My Eyes, My Heart, My Soul

My eyes keep looking
Searching
Darting back and forth
For what; where does it exist
This thing to to fill it's void-
To forgive, to love, explain
How pain can be replaced
Not by shallow confusion
But by infinitely deep truth
Beyond my sight.
My eyes keep looking
Searching, seeking
Desperate to close in
Its tears, its fears
But seems forced to see
What lies around me;
Tears, tears, tears.
Without a choice
I've lost control
And somehow deep within
I know only one thing
Every tired tear
Soaks up His infinite heart
As He adds more of His own
Until my eyes, my heart, my soul
Feel sated with that knowledge
My eyes can rest
My heart beats slow
My mind relaxes
And this tiring journey
Seems not as painful
Because I own this moment
Of truth.
---
written 2013

7 comments:

  1. your poetry is very telling. even if i didn't know what you have been experiencing in the last number of years, the message and tone is obvious. you are a great writer devorah. please publish. as i have told you so many times, we are lacking good poets these days and the world would be a kinder place if it was exposed to your sensitive and heartfelt words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Devorah. so much power in your poetry. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow. stunning. it's so beautiful and intense and powerful

    ReplyDelete
  4. How profound. I think I can relate to so many of your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING style. wish I could write like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amaaazing!! Unreal!! How do you DO it?

    ReplyDelete