Friday, July 29, 2011

A Precious Gem

Let me tell you, my precious gem
No matter what, you’ll be my friend

Through the dark of night
Despair and fright-
We’re joined together
A chain forever

Don’t let go and lose your hope
Linked together we’ll learn to cope

Your smile so bright
Illuminates my night
It keeps me going, keeps me strong-
Through challenges and all that’s wrong

No matter what, I’m here for you
As friends forever, we’ll stick it through

Through sleepless nights
The many fights
The tears shed
The pounding head
The many thoughts
And many fears

Precious friend, I’ll wipe your tears

But when the time comes
And I must go
There’s just one thing
I want you to know

Wherever G-d sends you, you’re never alone
For deep in my heart, I’ve created your home
---
written 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment