Thursday, July 28, 2011

Me & My Teacher

Teacher, I don’t understand
For the millionth time, I said raise your hand!

So I raise my hand and wait awhile
The teacher ignores me with a smug smile.

I ask a question because I don’t know
Why are you being so terribly slow?

So I sit quietly, not disturbing a bit
Don’t act dumb and silently sit!

I didn’t get it the first time
It’s as simple as a nursery rhyme!

Now I don’t ask because I’m scared
No one would laugh if you had shared.

I’m still confused, don’t understand
But for quick answers she’d still demand.
 
I want to participate in class
Don’t speak up until you’re asked!

For once I have something bright to say
Leave my classroom right away!

May I please be excused?
Don’t ask- that’s down right rude!

So I’ll just leave for a sec.
You haven’t asked permission yet!

Can you explain what you just said?
Don’t you have ears on your head?

Excuse me, are you sure that’s right?
With your teachers, never fight!

So can you please show me how?
I’m teaching, don’t disturb me now!
---
written 2004

2 comments:

  1. wish i can show my teachers this- oh whooops half of them saw it already :)
    love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so cool how u captured this

    ReplyDelete