Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Wonder

I wonder where you are
If you've really gone so far
If you've forgotten who I am
And what we used to share

I wonder what  you do
If you're happier this way
If you sometimes wish to return
Even if only to say hello

I wonder if you wonder
About me, as I, about you
If you remember what you told me
As we said goodbye-

I wonder if I'll ever know
If I'm meant to understand
I wonder how I'll manage
To forgive and start again

I wonder if you'll seek me out
If I'll ever hear your voice
I wonder if I must just accept
It seems I have no choice
---
written 2011

4 comments:

  1. what a stunning and poignant poem that i'm sure is on so many people's lips on so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! AMAZING. So profound

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i definitely relate...

    ReplyDelete