Friday, November 07, 2014

Can I?

I don't want to go
Because I don't want to know
How little I've moved forward.

It's hard to  take each step
When I'm constantly out of breath
All I want is to rest, again.

The journey is so long 
So many chances to get it wrong
It's hard to see the end from where I am.

I don't  want to be a quitter
I fight my urge to be so bitter
I remind myself how powerful I can be.

It's not so daunting, just today
I can choose to do okay
Empower my tired self, again.

I look around and count the good
From wherever I could
And fill myself with peace and joy.

It's not as hard when I'm not alone
I seek out my friends, my family, my home
We celebrate my victories together.

I still do feel small
But I know that's not all
I have a lot to be proud of too.

"Don't give up!", I repeat
I can always reward myself with a treat
By caring for my needs, I'll pull through.
---
written 2014






1 comment:

  1. stunning. so human, so every human i know, and i think it encapsulates the beauty of humanity right there.
    im so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete