Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Dream In My Heart

I want to write
But I am scared
To let you know
What I have feared

I want to share
My secrets and fears
But I never built trust
To treasure my tears

I want to hug you
Hold you tight
But I don’t know how
To do it right

I want to thank you
For all you’ve done
But I assume it’s silly
You might make fun

I want to sing
Without being heard
As much as that seems
Completely absurd

I want to dance
But I’ve got two left feet
Please don’t compare me
Or I will retreat

I want to play
Spend time with you
But maybe you’re busy
With better things to do

I want to say
I love you
But it hurts to reveal
What I know is true

I always dream
Of how I will be
When nothing will scare me
When I will be free

I believe some day I will
Soar through the sky
I shan’t be scared
As you watch me fly high
---
written 2003

4 comments:

  1. i dream that too. i wish i weren't scared

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! that's so totally me! how did you know that??? wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think about this often.. i relate to it so well, you just worded my feelings. its a fear in you that seems will just never go away, but hopefully with work, it will eventually

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favorite one!

    ReplyDelete