Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I Am For Me Alone

If I am not for me
Then who will be?
I know I'm on my own
My decisions and words
Are mine alone

As much as others
Have influence
It pulls me 
This way and that
I remember
That I can untie
Any knot I choose
So i can stand steady
On my own

I understand 
I am not perfect
I understand
I am not G-d
I understand
I do have struggles
Some beyond my control
But even then
I am for me
Alone

My struggle then
Is that much harder
But my reward from G-d
Is that much greater

And if I cannot stand steady
On my own
Then I can seek help
And accept
That the world goes round
No one is perfect
And everyone
In his own time
Needs help
Simply to stand

Thank You G-d
That my turn came now
When life is still young
And the future still bright
Thank You G-d
For supporting me
For giving me a support system
And for giving me
This clarity
If I am not for me
No one else will be
---
written May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment