Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Golden Key

When I lend a helping hand
And open up my heart
When I take the time to listen
And hold your secrets tight-

I'm empowered with something special
I hold a key to locked doors
If you let me hold your hand
I can give you what is yours

When you let down your guard
And accept to face your truth
When you whisper all your fears
Let your emotions all run loose-

I am challenged to empower you
To pass on my golden key
I know the pains of using it
Life is not for free

I know the pain of hunger
For simple humble love
I know the pain of anger
When it hasn't come

I know the pain of trying
And no one seems to care
I know the pain of giving up
You're ready to despair

But for me, I made it worth it
Another chance I'd give
I searched my soul deeper
Because I yearned to live

As I dug ever deeper
I discovered this golden key-
A key of faith, of openness
A key of honesty

Now you, my friend, my sister
My daughter and myself
I hand you this key
It's your turn to use it
Let yourself go free
---
written December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment