Friday, June 24, 2011

Frozen In Place

I need to scream
Yet you would stare
I need to cry
Yet you are watching
I just wish to sleep
Yet you would wonder...

I want to run away
Yet you would not run after me
I want to be alone
Yet I need to share my pain
I want to walk my own path
Yet I wish you'd walk with me

I wonder if you'll ever know-

Even though I want to hide
I want you to follow me
I want to know you care
I want to know you love me
Unconditionally 
Not just for what I say
Not just for what I do

But simply because
You love me
---
written 2004

1 comment:

  1. very powerful and so true. I love how you express myself through your beautiful writing in your signature straight-on style. here you again remind us all of what we really want and what we all fear - to be loved and accepted just for who each of us is.

    ReplyDelete